Be Inspired. Think LUCID.
LUCID Vision Labs is filled with talented, passionate, and inspiring people. But what makes us special is a work environment that is truly humble. We promote collaborative teamwork where respect, trust, communication, and commitment are key elements.
Every achievement big or small starts off with a vision. We all have our visions and try different things to turn our visions into reality. It is a way of seeing the invisible and acting on insight. Innovation doesn’t start with just an idea, it’s a mindset of seeing what’s possible.
We look inside and outside for inspiration. We recognize that in order to make positive changes in the world we have to start with ourselves. We believe that each and every one of us has something to offer that brings immense value to our culture and the spirit of our organization.
Empowerment helps us sustain a mindset and emotional state that allows us to keep on going, in the face of setbacks or adversity. We focus on solutions, not problems. We focus on what is at the end of the line, not on what we have to go through before we get to the end of the line.
We put into practice what we’ve learned, use the excitement that we get from envisioning, use the empowerment we developed, and then take action to continuously improve and excel. Whatever we have to do to turn our vision into a reality, we do it with the right attitude and in the spirit of excellence.
Senior Software Developer
Duties and Responsibilities
• Proposing different architecture solutions to support external software developers utilizing LUCID’s products
• Propose design and development solutions, create proof of concept implementations.
• Own and manage the testing of the whole component with minimal supervision so acceptance criteria are met
• Develop and maintain Kernel level code for Machine Vision Software such as the Windows GigE driver with the possibility of extending to other Operating Systems
• Manage the Testing and certification of Kernel level software for implementation across all LUCID software systems
• Analyze and provide feedback on all aspects of LUCID’s software architecture by participating in code reviews with internal development teams
• Design, implement, debug, test and document product features using agile methodologies within established sprint cycles
• Follow Test Driven Development practices by writing and running tests to ensure we have a high degree of confidence that new problems will not be introduced when we make changes to existing code
• Adhere and promote coding best practices by creating code that is of high quality with minimal deficiencies
• Support internal teams with the implementation of the SDK in order to maximize utilization
• Resolve customer issues by working closely with our internal support team to identify root causes, provide solutions, and document resolutions as required
• Mentor and develop Junior members of the Software team, providing timely feedback on performance
• Other related duties, as required
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or similar combination of education and experience
• Experience with Test Driven Development agile methodology
• At least 7 years of C/C++ development experience in a professional environment
• Solid understanding of programing, design principles, software testing and debugging
• Experience developing and debugging on Windows, Linux and Mac
• Experience working on high-quality software products delivered for commercial consumption.
• Knowledge of UDP/IP & TCP/IP networking protocols
• Experience developing Windows NDIS filter drivers
• Experience with DevOps activities (CI/CD, automation, monitoring)
We thank all applicants who apply; however only those selected for consideration will be contacted. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace committed to building a team culture that celebrates diversity and inclusion.
Primary Location: CA-British Columbia- Richmond
Position: Senior Software Developer
Department: Software Engineering
Compensation: Competitive Salary, casual dress, dental care, vision care, extended health care, life insurance, disability insurance, on-site parking, paid time off
Lucid Vision Labs, Inc. designs and manufactures innovative machine vision cameras and components that utilize the latest technologies to deliver exceptional value to customers. Our compact, high-performance GigE Vision cameras are suited for a wide range of industries and applications such as factory automation, medical, life sciences and logistics. Our expertise combines deep industry experience with a passion for product quality, technology innovation and customer service excellence. Lucid Vision Labs, Inc. was founded in January 2017 and is in the greater Vancouver area, Canada.
Tasks and Responsibilities
Working as part of the product management team, you will set the course for the product success and ensure a positive customer experience. You thrive in cross-functional roles and love working side-by-side with the best engineers and designers. You easily manage several tasks at once and work well under pressure, and you are accountable to results. You will establish the important interface between our development, application support, and sales.
• By staying up to date with customers issues/requests, assist with the planning of LUCID product roadmap
• Manage sales/customer feedback to ensure user engagement and customer satisfaction.
• Identify appropriate accessories for our camera product. Test these accessories to ensure they work well with our products. Propose appropriate pricing for these accessories.
• Assist with documentation and technical knowledge base articles
• Participate in the testing and qualification of new products, features and software releases
• Participate in providing product support information to application and sales team such as technology overview, product details/specifications, product demos and technical expertise to drive product revenue.
• A post-secondary degree or corresponding education/training with focus on electrical
engineering, electronics, computer science, or similar
• Fluent and professional English verbal and written communication skills
• Must be a self-motivated team player and able to work in fast-paced environments with minimal oversight.
• Good team work ethic, outspoken with an ability to learn
• Sales affinity and experience in working with customers
• Industry knowledge in the field of machine vision is an asset
• Comprehensive medical plan
• Structured training programs
• A growing, professional team and a fun work environment
• Interesting, innovative products and technologies
• Permanent, long-term employment in a pleasant environment
Lucid Vision Labs Inc. —- Senior Production Planner
Lucid Vision Labs is an Industrial Camera Manufacturing Company. We are looking for a qualified Production Planner to organize and schedule Manufacturing to meet the growing demands of our customers globally. This role should determine materials required in the production phase, consider production capacity, prepare status and performance reports and resolve production issues with a sense of urgency. The production Planner reports directly to the Operations Manager.
Outcomes/Critical Success Factors
• Generate production schedules to ensure that production deadlines are met and 90% fill rate accuracy is achieved.
• Estimate the materials requirement and manufacturing capacity for production.
• Promptly address and resolve production issues to minimize delays in production.
• Coordinate production operations in accordance with material, labour and equipment availability.
• Prioritize according to demand, constraints and schedules for e-commerce and other channels.
• Recommend viable solutions to reduce production costs as well as improve production processes and product quality.
• Compile status and performance reports for management.
• Communicate changes to production schedules with relevant departments.
• Run production simulation.
• Analyze & set min/max inventory levels.
• Analyze & review Sales forecast/internal demand forecast.
• Prepare short term and fixed production plan.
• Meet regularly with various departments to revise production plans in response to changing customer demands and supply constraints.
• Generate Master Plan for production.
• Proven experience as production planner.
• Excellent knowledge of production planning and quality control principles.
• Experience in MRP.
• Working knowledge of MS Office and ERP Systems.
• Strong organizational and problem-solving skills.
• Excellent communication abilities.
• Exceptional organizational and time-management skills.
• University or Post-Secondary Graduation.